A very personal synth

Jessica Rylan is a sound artist and electronic musician who lives and performs in the Boston area, where she grew up. The main focus of her work to date has been the design and construction modular synthesizers which use analog electronic circuits to create a diversity of sounds. She uses her synthesizers in installations at galleries and also in her high-energy, live musical performances.
what she says about this synth : " I needed a small synth that I could easily take on an airplane. I built this synth in a simple and straight-forward way, using 8038 chips for the oscillators and plenty of op-amps. I found a trick with the 8038, you can drive the sine distortion trim pin from a voltage source, for vc waveshape! But the true magic is a diode bridge vca, like in the Korg MS50. Why didn't I ever build this before? It's a very special intermodulation! Two oscillators, noise, and a mic preamp all swimming around each other, it runs on 2 9-volt batteries, it's my favorite so far! "

Permalink : : Visit module main site :

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

bad credit home equity loans

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home